"attitude of reception staff"

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Working in the RVI myself i went up to minor injuries unit as was having problems with my jaw. went to check in with receptionist and was met with a terrible attitude! Started to explain how it started and i got 'just tell me what the problem is' and 'dont you have a GP?'

I felt as though my jaw had come out of place and couldnt put my back teeth together and was causing me some discomfort. so the receptionist went into the back office to speak to someone and i heard her say 'this lady has a little bit of clicky jaw, you wont see her will you?' Well in my opinion its a bit more serious than 'a little bit of clicky jaw' and even if they couldnt see me there is a nicer way of telling me this!

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our services at Minor Injuries Unit, RVI. We are very sorry to learn of your poor experience when attending and assure you that this is not the standard of behaviour that we expect from our staff, or the level of care we aim to deliver to our patients.

If you would be willing to contact the Patient Relations Department to provide some further details, we can investigate the incident fully and provide you with more personal feedback.

Email: Patient.relations@nuth.nhs.uk