"Brilliant Hospital"

About: Rotherham Hospital

After having a horrific ordeal at the hands of DRI it took me many months to decide where i wanted to continue my treatment.I decided on Rotherham General Hospital.I'm very glad i did. i have received nothing but 1st class treatment. What a difference compared to the DRI. I've been to 3 different departments & received a great service from every one i've met.. All the staff have been polite & courteous with smiles on their faces. I dont get that feeling that as soon as i step through the main doors i want turn round & run straight out again. Neither do i leave with the feeling that i dont want to return again. The hospital doesn't have that terrible aura about it (Unlike the DRI). you have lovely seating on the ground floor,it's nice & airy with a relaxed feel. I had lost all faith in hospitals & staff after what occurred at the DRI, but a very very big thank you to all the staff i have met for restoring my faith in that there are a lot of wonderful people that work in the NHS..Thank YOU!

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Hello my name is Kerry, thank you for your post on NHS Choices. We really appreciate your feedback on the Rheumatology Department and are pleased to hear that you feel that your treatment has been first class. It is also great to hear that you have found staff to be polite and courteous with smiles on their faces. Your feedback and thanks will be passed onto the staff concerned, with best wishes.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust