"Trabeculectomy"

About: Manchester Royal Eye Hospital

I have had a Trabeculectomy operation and was extremely impressed by all aspects of my care by doctors, nurses and all other staff.

The staff put me at my ease when I was feeling anxious and included me in all decisions.

At my preop appointment I requested a general anaesthetic but was it was suggested that sedation would be appropriate to avoid the risks that can accompany a general anaesthetic.

I did have a general anaesthetic and would recommend anybody having a Trabeculectomy should be recommended to have a general anaesthetic at the preop appointment.

Response from Patient Experience Lead, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the NHS Choices/ Patient Opinion website regarding how impressed you were by the care you received at the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital. We are always pleased to receive positive feedback about your experience and our staff, which recognises their hard work and dedication to ensure your experience as a patient with us. We can assure you that your feedback has been sent to the Head of Nursing at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital so that your comments can be shared with the wider team.