"Review is average as dependant on particular..."
About: Warwick Hospital Warwick Hospital Warwick CV34 5BW
Posted by Anonymous
day 8 of 10
I'm extremely satisfied even after being 42+3 and spending there 5 days. Staff, conditions, abilities to move around, cleanliness, food service- 100% happy.
One and only thing during my labour doctor finished their shift and I've been taken for immediate c section by other doctor's team, that was quite shocking, but you do what's good for your baby. In the end of the day they did highly professional job, which about I can't complaint at all.
Afterwards I've been taken to Swan Ward:
Good things are: 1. Majority of staff- they're just amazing, helpful, full of understanding, just have no words to say how dedicated these people are.
2. Cleanliness just spotless.
3. Food always as asked.
Things I didn't liked: 1. Shift handover- incomparable to Labour Ward. After two days most of the staff, but not everyone new all my history (inc. medical) so finally they knew then baby needs to go for antibiotics (one day is has been messed up instead of 10.00 they told me to come at 12.00 and then at 10.00 on morning once again).
2. Cleaning staff- reading the aim of their work- just brilliant, but after 5 days I slept only couple of hours all together making unnecessary noises it's so annoying . I know that sharing room with other mums and babies I can't avoid noise, but slamming bin lids, plates, cutlery, talking loud and joking, laughing while patients might be a sleep- unacceptable!
During major cleaning I've been moved with my bed to the centre of the room to clean the floor underneath the bed. My bag containing camera, iPad, Chargers, documents has been ran over by bed. I asked the cleaning team to watch out and then they just moved back the bed from my bag, but the stripe stuck under and they still didn't bother to take it out so on the way back where the bed should be they just pulled it with them waiting to finally release. Is it so hard to bend over and pick something up? Next day I had an iPad on my shelf and the person cleaning bed next to me was moving my shelf thought the curtain. Careless and noisy.
3. Fourth day I've been told that they'll move me to side room if possible, then they said yes, and then no as priority has changed. After 6 days and 6 nights of barely closing eyes, hearing voices, getting dizzy, crying constantly and feeding me hope, I've been moved to separated room, finally I could sleep one night. I thought I'm going to stay in that till Wednesday, but today (after one night) I've been taken back as there is someone in priority-what I totally understand, but no one told that it can happen so I'm just emotionally destroyed by simple misinformation.
4. I was buzzing in the toilet as I needed help one night 15min no one came.
5. 4am I asked to close high window, midwife reply was: "I can't reach it". I was left cold. My baby as well. After 2h I needed to stop to be nice and repeat my request as I was freezing. Other midwife came to see it and then they've close it.
Majority of staff is superb!