"Waiting time"

About: St John's Hospital / Accident & Emergency St John's Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Attended st johns hospital A and E livingston, got assessed and x-rays, but told had ligament damage to my shoulder. I felt it pop out when I fell.

I pushed it back in myself when doc asked me to raise my arm the pain was excruciating. The doctor told me to go home and I may / may not get phone call to attend some orthopedic clinic at a later date, my shoulder has popped out 4 times since then and I pushed it back in myself each time but pain is excruciating.

Seems consultant can't see me until end of December, i'm in so much pain every time my shoulder pops. I thought I could have been seen before the end of December. I feel so anxious and stressed, now off work due to this shoulder injury.

Can anyone help me please?

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear chuck c

I am so sorry to read of your recent experiences, it sounds as though you are having a really difficult time. I would be happy to help and would ask that you contact me at the Patient Expereince Team on 0131 536 3370.

• chuck c thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by chuck c (the patient)

Thanks so much for responding Jeannette , i had to go back to st johns soon after my comment and they escalated my appointment to today 22nd dec,consultant dr Reid has all in hand and i am going for ct scan and ultrasound on 29th , second visit to st johns helped enormousley with full supporting sling , thanks to all staff involved today especially staff nurse Christine Reid OPD2 who went extra mile for me , Thank God for national health system .