"Only company I have is for 15 minutes"

About: Carewatch (Inverclyde) (Ayrshire) (Dunbartonshire) (Argyll & Bute) North Ayrshire Council - Three Towns, North Coast and Arran

(as a service user),

Carewatch come in every lunch time for 15 minutes to heat up my meal. What they do is fine.

It would be good if they could come for longer. They are not in any length of time then they’re away – I don’t think that’s right.

I’m alone all day, the only company I have is for 15 minutes. It’s a lonely life. I would like to be able to chat with someone. I would like the carers to spend more time with me.

It would be good to get out more, I feel I have less and less opportunity to meet people in the village and keep up to date with what’s going on.

Response from Anna Houston, Managing Director, CarewatchCarewatch (Inverclyde, Ayrshire, Dunbartonshire, Argyll & Bute) We are preparing to make a change

Dear Walker1

Thank you for taking time to feedback on our service. I am not sure if you have only been assessed as requiring 15 minutes or if the staff are not spending the time with you as I would need some more details.

I am sorry you are feeling lonely and isolated. I would like to arrange for our supervisor or Manager to visit you and discuss how we can help you get out more, provide companionship or support you with some other activities.

Would you please phone either Amanda Lowe or myself, Anna Houston, on 01294 608222 as we will will do our best to either help or email us on info@inacs.co.uk

Many thanks

Anna Houston, Managing Director

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear walker 1

Please accept my thanks for getting in touch with us to tell us about your experiences of care provision.

As my colleague Anna at Carewatch has said, if you are able to get in touch we will have further dialogue about how your needs are being addressed.

Alternatively you can get in touch with me on 01294310222 and I will arrange to have one of the care at home managers contact and visit you to discuss matters further?

I hope this helps you in the short term and I will look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

Anthony Fisher