"Osteoporosis clinic City Hospital Nottingham"

About: City Hospital campus / Older people's healthcare

Consultant Dr Poon is very nice and considerate and puts you at your ease. His exceptional knowledge is spot on and he conveys this to the patient in easily understandable terms. , explaining what is needed in terms of patient activity ie get walking and active and remain so as well as his proposed treatment and the various options.

This is a very efficient clinic held in the HCE Rehab block. The staff are very on the ball. The helpers are keen to ensure all patients are offered a hot drink, very welcome at this time of the year and a biscuit to go with it. Obviously 'someone' is ensuring they know older patients need to be encouraged to drink and be hydrated.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for getting in touch. I have shared your comments with Dr Poon and the team. I am glad to hear you were pleased with your care and were kept well-informed.

We take the nutrition and hydration of patients very seriously as an important part of our trust-wide patient safety programme. Our ‘Think Drink’ campaign focuses on staff encouraging patients to remember to drink regularly. I am pleased to hear that you and other patients are benefitting from this work to improve the safety and experience of patients in our care.

My best wishes to you,