"Appointment waiting time is too long and inconvenient"

About: Ayr Hospital

After seeing my doctor about a problem with my swollen hand and a skin disorder I was told to call the Referral Management Service to arrange a hospital appointment.

The earliest appointment was in 4 months’ time – anything could happen in that time. It just isn’t very helpful, particularly as the problem seems to come and go – I really need someone to see it when it flares up not in 4 months when it may have settled down again.

Another thing – they offered me an appointment at Crosshouse Hospital which is the most difficult for me to get to – Ayr is easier and Biggart is the most convenient as I can walk to this hospital. If you are dependent on public transport as I am the buses do not always get you to the Crosshouse Hospital on time.

Dear Paws657,

Oh that is a shame, I do agree, public transport is not always our friend. I would like to look into the situation for you but to do that we would need more details.

There are several different specialists you may have been referred to. Some of these specialties do have Ayr Hospital appointments, so if you would like to contact me, we can see what the options are for you.

My email address is eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or you can call me on 01563 826222.

Kind regards,