"Best Birth Experience!"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I have recently arrived home after giving birth to my daughter 4 days ago at Pilgrim Hospital and I cannot recommend them enough. I had a water birth with very little pain relief which was down to the support and encouragement of my midwives. I was offered aromatherapy, which I cannot recommend enough, as well as relaxing music and an amazing candlelit pool room.

After the birth my daughter had some slight breathing issues and a suspected infection so had to be taken away but I was informed of every step and supported throughout what was a very scary moment!

Following the birth I was promptly sutured, showered and offered food before getting to go and see my baby. Myself, my husband and our daughter stayed in the hospital for 3 nights following the birth and every one of our needs was accommodated, nothing was too much trouble! My only regret is that all I could find to offer as a gift of thanks in the hospital shop was a small box of chocolates which was nowhere near enough! Thank you again Pilgrim Hospital! :)

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear MrsRae,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am pleased that your experience of maternity services was a positive birthing experience.

We are promoting a positive birth environment to ensure a positive birthing experience for all our clients, the pool room, use of aromatherapy and allowing partners to stay on the maternity ward are all initiatives undertaken by the Pilgrim team within the last 3 years and it is always encouraging and motivating for the midwives when we receive positive feedback.

Thank you once again for your comments, which I will ensure are shared with all of the staff involved in your care.

Rowena Smalley