"My son attending A&E"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Accident & Emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

My teenage autistic son was brought into A&E at UNiversity Hospital Crosshouse (NHS Ayrshire & Arran) after having taking an overdose. He was transferred to ward 1A and later discharged.

I would like to commend all the staff who dealt with us as being professional, courteous and friendly.

A&E was very busy but staff kept checking on us and keeping us informed of what was happening. The young female doctor who saw my son was exceptional and if she can be trace she deserves a note of commendation to be added to her personnel file. However, all staff were fantastic and made an very distressful and upsetting situation bearable with their understanding and care.

Please ensure my thanks is cascaded to all your staff who do a wonderful job.

Dear Ayrshire mum,

People continue to amaze me, you have had such a traumatic event to cope with and you have taken the time to tell us your story and pass on your praise. Thank you so much for this. I will be very happy to share this with the teams involved. I wonder if I can be so bold as to ask you to email or call me and let me know when your son was admitted. That way, I can make sure you get your wish, the Doctor in A/E will receive the story too and she can use it for her appraisal if she wishes to.

If you do want to contact me, you can email me on eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or phone me on 01563 826222.

I do hope your son is on the mend now.

Best wishes,