"Poor health care"

About: NHS Fife

My wife was diagnosed with Addisons Disease in 2007 after over two years of being misdiagnosed by a GP. Having almost died of this misdiagnosis we were shocked and disappointed but being British and not wanting to complain we continued, foolishly, with treatment by this person. After years of what I feel is like incompetence and mismanagement of my wife's condition even after this misdiagnosis my patience has worn thin and after repeated issues with prescriptions I have finally had enough and made my feelings clear. Instead of an apology I was given a letter informing me I was being taken off the list at surgery's list due to my "unreasonable" and "demanding" behaviour. If trying to do the best for your wife with her chronic conditions in the face of what seems to me like endemic and institutionalised incompetence is "unreasonable" and "demanding" then I am guilty as charged.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear AIDANBELLE

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, it sounds a difficult and frustrating situation. If you have already been through the Practice's complaints procedure you do have the right to approach the Scottish Public Service Ombudsman (SPSO) where you remain dissatisfied. Here are the contact details for the SPSO should you wish to follow this up:

www.spso.org.uk

Tel 08003777330

Regards

Louise Ewing

• AIDANBELLE thinks this response is helpful