"Orthopaedic Day care operation."

About: Cheltenham General Hospital

27thNovember 2015.

After visiting the out-patient dept, to see the Orthopaedic Consultant in October, I requested that my operation should not be earlier than late November ,as I was abroad . It was pleasing that my request was granted, and I was admitted as a day-patient on 27th November.

From the start, everyone was helpful, friendly and made me feel relaxed and in excellent "hands".

I saw the anaesthetist , who took time to discuss what they would be doing, they were very approachable, and pleased to answer my queries . I immediately felt reassured and that I was with an experienced consultant.

I particularly requested that consultant should undertake to do the operation ,as they had operated on my hand a few years ago. They are an excellent, friendly and knowledgeable surgeon, who takes time to explain what will be done ,and is patient when answering questions.

When I left theatre everyone was so professional, nothing was too much trouble and the staff of Alston ward most caring and supportive.

Cheltenham Hospital is Excellent.!

Response from Cheltenham General Hospital

Hi there,

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. It's great to hear that you had such a positive experience of our services and we will certainly pass your comments on to the orthopaedic team at CGH.

Thanks again and we hope you are now recovering well at home. Best wishes The team at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust