"'Committed to Excellence' and 'Working together'"

About: Wexham Park Hospital

I recently attended outpatients; luckily a relative came with me so was able to drop me off as the car park was gridlocked.

I booked in 10 minutes before my appointment time. I then sat down and waited and waited and waited. An hour after my appointment time, I approached the reception desk to ask how much longer I was going to be. When I was asked my name the receptionist looked down at the desk and said 'oh dear'; on the desk were my notes.

At my first consultation I was seen by a Registrar who was worse than useless.

At my second consultation, I was seen by the ConsultantI was told that my symptoms weren't bad enough to operate and if they were to operate there was 50% chance of the operation working, so he was not willing to do it. At that same consultation, the opinion of a Registrar, who has worked at The Stanmore Orthopaedic Hospital was sort, and they gave a 75% chance that it would work.

At the third consultation, it was agreed that I would go into plaster for up to 6 weeks whilst awaiting my operation. I was told I would be put on the urgent operating list and was given the impression that this the operation would be performed before the 6 weeks was up -that was in June!

After 6 weeks I was told that I was still on the urgent list. A relative took me to have my plaster removed and thankfully the Lead Nurse authorised its removal, as I had no paperwork from the Consultant.

When I attended for my fourth consultation, (which was instigated by me, as my symptoms have got worse), I was told that I wouldn't be operated on, so i can only assume I have been taken off the operating list but not informed. I was also told that I would just have to put up with the pain and not to undertake any weight bearing exercise, so no walking then?

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am sorry to read that we haven't got it right for you over the weeks.

It would be really helpful for us to look into this further for you, and so I would be grateful if you would share your details with our PALS team to allow them to investigate what's happened?

You can contact them on palswexhampark@fhft.nhs.uk

I hope that you will get in touch.

Kind Regards