"Breast clinic"

About: NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde / West Scotland Breast Screening Centre

I attended my GP two weeks ago after discovering a lump in my breast he confirmed the lump and after discussing my family history with cancer he referred me urgently to the breast clinic he assured me I would be seen urgently. Today I called my gp his secretary told me letter had been sent and Dr had requested urgent appt I was told to call the breast clinic and was told I would probably be seen in 6 to 8 weeks? ?

Why do England have a two week response time yet Scotland has not. I now have to spend a very worrying stressful 6 weeks to wait on an appt if the letter is sent out soon and the breast clinic told me that is an urgent referal how long would I have to wait for a non urgent referral

Dear Happyholidays,

I completely understand your frustration and know that waiting for a hospital appointment after referral can be a worrying time for most patients.

We know that waiting times are challenging at the moment and we have put in place measures to try to address this. We are currently reviewing this service to see how we can better ensure we are providing this care within the appropriate timescales. In the meantime we are running additional clinics to meet demand and reduce the waiting time for first outpatient appointments.

If you have any more specific questions then please get in touch with Lorna on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk with a few of your personal details and we can look into it for you.

Regards,

Susan Groom,

General Manager, Surgery

• Happyholidays thinks this response is helpful