"Excellent Endoscopy"

About: Royal Derby Hospital

Had a Gastroscopy today ( 28th. November ) in the Royal Derby Endoscopy department ; feel compelled to leave feedback on my visit.

I felt somewhat apprehensive on entering the department , but quickly came to feel at ease by the treatment I received from the friendly and reassuring staff.

I was treated with dignity and courtesy throughout my reception ; my procedure and my discharge. Top marks to all the doctors ; nurses and staff in this department.

The discharge procedure was different to what I have experienced from previous visits and I thought it was excellent , it was purposeful and informative. In the past the discharge procedure always seemed to be like just going through the motions , whereas what I experienced today seemed much more meaningful and in keeping with modern times.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Good morning,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent attendance at the Royal Derby Hospital.

We will make sure that your compliment is passed to the Endoscopy Unit, as well senior managers for this area.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team