"Own Psychiatrist missed lengthy mental health..."

My husband was admitted on Tuesday after attempting to commit suicide. He has a 16 year history of mental illness and accessing this county's services. His most recent diagnosis being ASPD.

We are currently separated so he gave his girlfriends address. Somehow this means his history did not get flagged even though when I attended the hospital with him as his next of kin I told the doctors he had a history and the name of his Psychiatrist.

He was discharged on Friday after his history was never researched and the consultant didn't recognise him at the discharge interview.

How is this possible?

Response from Prospect Park Hospital

Thank you for your posting. We are sorry to see that your husband was in such distress. There seems to be a lack of communication between our clinicians. I will notify staff of this so that improvements can be made. Please contact me so that we can discuss this further and provide you with a full response. Alternatively, if you wish to remain anonymous, you could contact your local Healthwatch organisation for assistance. Contact details can be found on our website. www.berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk

Yours Sincerely,