"Endoscopy Unit - consistently caring and friendly."

About: Grantham & District Hospital

I had my third visit in two years to the Endoscopy Unit at Grantham Hospital this week and was pleased to find it to be a consistently caring and friendly place.

Before and during the two procedures, (a gastroscopy & sigmoidoscopy) it was explained to me with clarity and reassurance what to expect and what was taking place.

The reassurance from the nurses during the examination, keeping me informed that all was going well - and that it wouldn't be long until it was finished, was really helpful, especially during the gastroscopy.

From walking in to the Unit's reception to being briefed on the results at the end I found the overall experience to be very kind and positive. Thank you.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the endoscopy service at Grantham Hospital. It is nice to know that we are getting it right for our patients.

I will make sure your feedback is passed on.

Best regards

Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience Manager

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your positive feedback for the service you received on the Endoscopy Unit at Grantham.

It is always really good to know that patients feel they have received excellent care and that this has been consistent over various visits.

You can be assured that your comments will be shared with the Endoscopy staff. Many thanks for taking the time to post your experience.

Nikki Woodcock