"Everything was done with a smile"

About: Broomfield Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

As I was very concerned about outcomes for a total hip replacement operation that I have heard from friends I decided to choose a hospital outside my area. I chose to go to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, Essex. As soon as you enter the hospital itself you feel a sense of calm and notice the clean, pleasant surroundings.

Every communication I had with the hospital was good. Letters were clear, precise and helpful; phone calls to several departments were promptly answered by friendly ladies who ‘went the extra mile’ when needed.

Orthopaedic Outpatients was a pleasure. Again, helpful and pleasant staff and the added bonus of no huge crowds waiting a long time to be seen! Even X-Ray wasn’t too long a wait compared to some I have experienced.

The Joint Replacement seminar with the Orthopaedic Liaison Team was extremely informative and the whole process of preparing for surgery was smooth.

Every single member of staff on the orthopaedic ward, - nursing, physiotherapists, and cleaners - all worked hard and was endlessly upbeat and friendly. I don’t think I have ever seen a place cleaned so often, or a team of people so willing to help in any way they could. Everything was done with a smile and a friendly chat whilst going through the many routine tasks they had to perform.

My recovery has been extremely good and I am really happy with my decision so a big thank you to everyone there and I would certainly recommend Broomfield to anyone needing orthopaedic care.

Response from Jonathan Wright, Patient Experience & Voluntary Services Manager, Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Thank you for the lovely feedback, I will share with the teams. We really appreciate all of the feedback that we receive.