"I've always heard people ..."

About: Princess Royal Hospital (Haywards Heath)

I've always heard people complaining about the NHS, but I must say I'm very happy with the service provided by the Princess Royal Hospital.

Surgeons, anesthesists, nurses...all the staff that dealt with me at the Gynecology ward and before, when doing the different tests, scans, etc, all of them were not just very professional, but also very kind, helpful and caring. They always treated me (and the others) like a person and not like a number.

I've read that I can not mention names, but I'd like to send a very especial thanks to all the nurses in the Gyne ward. They're fantastic. They love their job and that makes a big difference.When I was diagnosed I considered going back to Spain (my country of origin) for the operation, but I'm happy I decided to have it done here. The staff are great and the way they treat you makes a huge difference.

I had to wait for 3 months, though I must say they did all the tests in a very short time; only once they knew it wasn´t urgent I had to wait.

In a way, I'd say they're very good at managing the resources they've got, but with more resources probably they'd manage to reduce the waiting time.

Response from Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your encouraging feedback will be passed on to relevant staff at the Princess Royal, including the nurses on the Gynecology ward. Our staff work hard to deliver high standards of care and they will appreciate your kind support.