"tired of hearing "dont know""

About: The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

mum was the patient . hardly any information given even when asked for .

Rang four times one day to find out where mum was going and all we got was the usual ...we dont know. Next day she was sent somewhere we werent expecting.

Asked staff re her mental and physical health. Again the I dont know answer. Just not good enough .

I work away a lot and sometimes I was unable to visit but any information or someone just saying they would find out would have been useful .

The nursing care was good I have to say and mum was looked after .

Response from Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that we offered good care to your Mum but concerned to hear of your issues with communications and being kept informed. If you would like to get in touch with more information (ward details etc) then we can look into this for you and provide feedback to our staff. You can contact PALS on 0151 706 4903/2265 or email PALS@rlbuht.nhs.uk Thanks.

Response from The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good experience when trying to talk to our Orthopaedic Department. We would like to find out more from you so we can investigate your concerns properly. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will be able to help. You can contact them by phoning 0151706 4903/2265, via complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk or typetalk 18001 0151 706 4903/2265.

Thank you for your comments about the care your mother received, we'll pass this onto our nursing staff.