"Cancelling an appoitment"

About: Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Had an appointment letter come through after 2. 00 on a Friday. Appointment was for following Tuesday giving no time to get required blood tests done. Unable to amend or cancel until the Monday and then spent nearly 2 hours on 3 different phone numbers which were constantly engaged.

If Heart of England want to reduce the number of no-shows and the consequent loss of money I suggest they invest in the cancellation system. Ringing round asking if we intend to attend a week before is not sorting the problem.

Dear cosecl

thank you very much for your feedback regarding appointments at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.

I am very sorry that you encountered difficulties and do appreciate your frustration.

Can I please ask you to contact me at your convenience to obtain some more information from you so that I can highlight your experience to the Access, Booking and Choice Team?

It would be most appreciated. I can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Marie Helebert