"Nurse on ward 12"

About: Good Hope Hospital

Firstly they didn't listen to me about my illness and how it affects me as idiopathic intracranial hypertension varies from person to person. They never gave me my medication for 5 days which my partner stressed I needed four times daily as if I missed one dose it caused me to become ill drastically fast. The nurse said the hospital had none in stock and if he was that concerned about my health then he was to bring it in from home. He did but 2 days later. When my daughter came to visit she was disgusted to see how disoriented I was and withdrawn. To cut long story short the nurse had only lost my medication and had not been giving me my right medication. My daughters and partner were livid.

Dear Lisabluenose42

thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent admission to Ward 12 at Good Hope Hospital.

I am sorry to learn that there were delays with your medication being administered and also that you were not being given the correct medication either.

I would very much like to highlight this to the ward manager and your Consultant. Can I ask you to contact me at your convenience so that I can obtain some more information from you to enable me to identify you on our system?

I can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk.

It would be most appreciated and I do look forward to hearing from you.

Marie Helebert