"Excellent care all round!"

About: Croydon University Hospital

I went to A&E recently due to a flare of Ulcerative Colitis (Inflammatory Bowel Disease). I was seen by a nurse then two doctors fairly quickly (one was a specialist in Gastroenterology) and admitted to the Acute Medical Unit (AMU).

The care I received by all of the medical team was excellent. Throughout my stay, I felt that I was treated as an individual, and had the opportunity to discuss my condition with the doctors and the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Nurse Specialist. This made me feel less anxious. Also, I was relieved that my condition was being dealt with drugs that made me feel better.

Additionally, I was impressed with the support staff - from healthcare assistants to porters etc. All of them provided a friendly, professional service.

I have been a patient of this hospital for many years, and have always received high quality care from the medical staff in Rheumatology, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology and now Gastroenterology.

I will always be grateful to the doctors whom have treated me at this hospital.

Thank you all!

Response from Croydon University Hospital

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. I am very pleased that we were able to look after you well and I will ensure that your kind words are passed on to the teams involved in your care, as it is always nice to receive a compliment.

Graham Richardson Deputy Manager, PALS and Complaints