"knee surgery"

About: Royal Free Hospital

I would like to acknowledge the excellent care I received .

Ward 3/ Day surgery

When : Wednesday 4th Nov

Stay- 2 nights/ 3 days

I would like to say the following:

Pre assessment was excellent with emails following queries I had

Admission on the morning ( whilst very very busy with poor changing facilities ) was excellent (nurse was excellent- very careful and caring)

They had problems with finding veins for the canula- the anaesthesist used ultra sound/ warm blanket and finally called for a vascular member of the team- it took 1 hour ! They did not give in and were very reassuring.

The same went for the spinal block- it took three attempts- then all fine and it worked very well- legs totally numb.

Surgery was uneventful.

The ward staff are outstanding! Nurses and care assistants were equally very attentive and offered genuine care day and night.

I had a very worrying collapse/ blackout and the 'crash’ team were called. They arrived and took very good care of me. I am very grateful as I have had two cardiac arrests prior to this.

I also had two physio visits. They were very professional. The physio would not let me leave until they had assessed me and that I was safe to mobilise.

I have had a call form the physio dept already and a follow-up visit has already been arranged.

I am now at home recovering and following the physio advice in the booklet. I would like to pass on my enormous thanks and huge respect to the ward sister and the Orthopaedic team please.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

Thanks for your lovely comments, we're delighted that you had a good experience. We will be passing your feedback on to all the teams you mention.