"Harbour Suite satisfaction survey at queen..."

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Harbour Suite is a private/insurance facility where I have been a self funding private patient for three days.

Consultants,anaesthetists and nursing staff excellent.

I have only one real point of concern and that was in house keeping.Room 18.

On arrival my toilet and shower had not been serviced, the toilet seat and bowel was covered in faeces and a used wet dressing left in the corner of the shower.Clean towels had been left on the bed which indicated that the room had been serviced.

The waste/clinical bins were empty.It was reported and viewed by the staff nurse that day and they were appalled but did see that it was rectified.Infection was my main concern also the staff nurse`s

I am Lactose intolerant but no Lactose free food or milk was available until the morning I left when Soya was offered.It was hard to get fresh fruit for breakfast and there were no fish or chicken dishes on the menu whilst I was an inpatient.Red meat being advised against following surgery,it was not appetising what arrived .I had not realised that there was no specific menu on offer only the N.H.S one.

Tea and coffee service excellent.All staff in good spirits.

I appreciate that these are austere times however as I contributed financially to the N.H.S I would have liked to think that I had a viable reason to comment.

This is not a complaint but a comment.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

I am pleased to note the excellent care you received whilst in the Harbour Suite.

I am sorry to learn that you found the cleanliness and food not at the expected level.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Please be assured that they have been shared with the area concerned.

Kind regards.

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your kind words regarding the care you received whilst on the Harbour Suite.

I am sorry to note that the house keeping was not up to the expected standard and I would like to assure you that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate team.

I would like to thank you for your feedback and take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

Kind regards.