"Anxious and unsupported"

About: Hillingdon Hospital

I am pregnant with my first child. I went to my GP over 2 weeks ago who immediately referred me to Hillingdon Hospital antenatal. I was given a referral form from my GP with a 'telephone' appointment. No one bothered to call me so I called the antenatal department. A department who apparently has a waiting list of approximately 5 days according to their website. When I called I was spoken to rudely and told I shouldn't have called and I should just wait for a letter with an appointment from the hospital. I'm still waiting and each day I'm feeling more and more anxious. How long am I meant to wait?!

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

Thank you for making the time to contact me regarding your referral. Unfortunately the ‘telephone appointment’ should not have been given to you by your GP, as this is a ‘virtual appointment’ informing the antenatal clinic that the GP has made a referral into the service. I’m sorry that the website informs that the wait time for an appointment is 5 days; I will update this information as we aim to give an appointment within 2 weeks.

There is no excuse for rudeness and for this I apologise. All antenatal staff have completed a customer care course so I’m disappointed that individuals are not practicing our Trust philosophy, which I’ll feed back to the team.

If you could contact me I will be able to check the reason why you have not received an appointment.

My contact details are: