"Great care in ward 8A"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Elderly Medicine

Our mother has been in ward 8A for 4 weeks and is nearing the end of her life. The staff have been wonderful with her and our whole family.

We have been living in her room for the last 12 days and have been made to feel at home. This has been a great experience to help us through the days after and something to look back on when talking about mum.

The staff are friendly, caring and very hard working. I mean all staff from porters thru to doctors. They are very often short staffed and even under these difficult circumstances they give 150%.

Dear Little Me,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum but really heartened to hear that you have been so well supported by the staff on Ward 8A at this most difficult of times. For your Mum to have her loved ones around her, and for you all as a family to be able to spend that time with her is so important, and it is fantastic to see that this has been facilitated by the staff in such a caring and positive way. It is a brilliant example of how a whole team pulls together to look after both the patient and family.

I wish you all the best, and my thoughts are with you all at this time,

Best Wishes,