"Great Hospital"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Birmingham)

My parents are both elderly and unwell and I have spent a lot of time with them in hospital in the last few months, mostly emergency admissions but also planned stays. We have been there in the day, overnight and at weekends. We have had extraordinary care, not only the technical care but the kind way in which both my parents and myself have been treated. Staff from porters to para- medics to nurses to doctors have listened, made sure my parents understand what is happening, and even dispensed cups of tea and hugs when they have been needed. The staff clearly love their work and care deeply about their patients. I think we are very lucky to live so near to such a great hospital.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about the care and treatment your parents have received over the last few months at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We are delighted to hear that you and your family have had such a positive experience and been treated so well. Your kind comments have been forwarded to senior staff who will share them with their team members.

If you would like to provide any further feedback about your experience please visit the hospital webpage www.uhb.nhs.uk/yourviews