"Upset and angry."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Upsetting experience in the maternity wing. We were there for blood tests due to having two miscarriages this year. We used the self check in which told us to sit in the waiting area near reception, this is the area for all the expectant mothers waiting for their scans. We were there over half an hour before being told rather rudely that we should have been on Branston ward. We should have directed to the right place at the beginning. The appointment was made by a different hospital so I didn't have a letter telling me where I should be only the time and date.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for posting your experience, I sincerely apologise for you being directed to wait in the incorrect area.

I can appreciate it must have been very distressing for you to wait in the Antenatal area for a considerable period of time, having had previous miscarriages. The self check in should have sent you to the reception staff, who would have directed you to Branston Ward for your appointment.

I am unable to investigate what happened without your details. You have not stated which staff member was rude to you. I will therefore share your experience with the Antenatal Reception staff as a learning tool.

Once again I apologise for your experience at your appointment.

If you would like a more detailed response please contact PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service ) on 01522 707071/ 01522 707072 or by email PALS@ulh.nhs.uk.

Ellen Ewer,