About: Inverclyde Royal Hospital / Dermatology

I visited the clinic recently after an urgent referal from my GP. What a terrible experience!

The staff member I saw was unfriendly and rude and did nothing to make me feel better in a stressful situation. I was given no opportunity to ask any questions and was spoken over when I tried to explain I was nervous.

I unfortunately have to go back for the mole to be removed in three days and although very grateful for the quick action being taken I am very apprehensive about this individual.

On leaving the department I burst in to tears.

Dear Hec1966,

I am so sorry that this was your experience on your recent visit to the Dermatology Department and it is absolutely not how we would expect any patient to feel after coming into contact with any of our staff. I will highlight this to the Lead Nurse for this service with the view to sharing with all staff to reflect on the attitudes and behaviours expected.

I understand if you feel apprehensive about the visit coming up, and although I would hope that this is a one-off, I would encourage you to speak to the nurse in charge at the time of your next visit if you feel nothing has improved. While I know it can be difficult to do so, we would encourage all of our patients to raise any concerns they have with the nurse in charge at the time, so that hopefully a resolution can be found immediately. Otherwise, please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else that you would like to share - my email address is lorna,gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

I'm glad that you are being seen so quickly, and hope that all goes well at this appointment.

Best Wishes,