"diabetic abbcess"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

(as a staff member),

I had awoken recently with severe pain, and a lump on my left shoulder, I said to my husband I have another abbccess, this time the rednes was spreading, so I took some pain killers, and it eased.

The day after I awoke with the same, so I went over to accident/emergency, at east surrey hospitial, I was seen by dr Fields, and he said I have a abbccess, he went through my options, I said I dont want to go back into surgery, so I was given antibiotics, dr fielsd, and all staff in a/e were fantastic.

So throughout the day the pain was so severe/ the redness was spreading quickly down my shoulder, so I then contacted my good friend mr monkhouse, and I told him what had happened, so mr monkhouse told me to come to sau the next morning, I arrived in sau in esh and mr monkhouse examined my shoulder, and decided there and then, thats needs draining, especially because you are a diabetic, mr monkhouse, collegue, dr felipe, also came to look at my shoulder, everyone introduced themselves, everone was fantastic, I was in surgery early in the morning, I want to thank all the nurses/doctors/nurses from sau, poppo, recovery, tanderidge, I owe my life to each and everyone of you, and I am very proud, to be a staff member of the best hospitial, east surrey hospitial, dr felipe thank you/mr monkhouse thank you very much.

Response from Branita Mills, Matron, Surgery, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Bidde,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your experience at East Surrey Hospital.

I am glad that your abcess has been dealt with so swiftly and hope that you continue to recover.

I will definitely feedback your comments to the staff.

Kind Regards