"anaphylactic shock"

About: Ilkeston Community Hospital

I arrived at the hospital with severe swelling and itching to my entire body due to an anaphylactic shock,although the receptionist didn't seem aware. The doctor called my name and calmly led me to a cubical and swiftly attached me to oxygen, and instructed their team on what injections were needed etc. The dr kept me,(and my dad) calm the entire time before handing me over to the ambulance team, who were also brilliant, even calling work for me to tell them I wouldn't be back.. Thank you, you are a star.

Response from Ilkeston Community Hospital

Dear Mrs Ashley,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the recent care you received in our Nurse led Minor Injuries Unit at Ilkeston Hospital.

I am pleased to hear that you have found your local health service provision was prompt and gave you assurance that you were being looked after by well trained staff with time to caer.

We strive to deliver the best possible individual care to our patients and feel privileged that you have taken the time to feed back to us once again. We hope you are now feeling better.

Regards

Julie Henson, Senior Sister, MIU/ICH, Derbyshire Community Health Care Services NHS Foundation Trust