"Visit to minor injury unit"

About: Solihull Hospital

I visited the minor injury unit after being advised to do so by the 111 NHS helpline and the walk in centre. I was seen very quickly as there were few people waiting. However as I was seen by the nurse, they were patronising towards the fact that I was in the minor injury unit after being told to do so by both the 111 helpline and the walk in centre across the road. They asked if I understood what this meant and proceeded to roll their eyes at me whenever I answered their questions especially when telling them that I was in a lot of pain. When I was eventually seen by the doctor they were unsure on what was wrong with me and told me that their medical advice was for me to go on holiday. I must also state that there was dirty sheets on the bed and at no point was I offered any sort of fluids which I found surprising as I was presenting with a headache, and although I mentioned earlier on that I was a diabetic, no one checked my blood until I was practically walking out the door. Overall, I was very disappointed in the way everyone was, and felt patronised and like I was being treated like an idiot by the staff.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for posting your comments about your experience at the Minor Injuries Unit at Solihull Hospital. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the way you were dealt with and I would very much like to look into this in more detail.

Can I please ask you to contact me on 0121 424 0808 or by email:

marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk

so that I can obtain more information from you?

I hope that this is acceptable and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Marie Helebert

Response from Solihull Hospital

Dear Anonymous

Can I please ask you to contact me on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk so that I can obtain more information from you?

Marie Helebert