"My stay in The Pigrim Hospital Boston Lincolnshire"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Urology

I was admitted for a TURP operation on my enlarged prostate. I was treated with care and consideration throughout and cannot praise highly enough the consultants, surgeon and nursing staff. I had a private room in the Bostonian which really was essential as the continual running to the toilet after my catheter had been removed would have been awkward to say the least in a large ward.

Particular praise to the catering staff as the meals I had were always first class with a lot of variety to choose from. Absolutely no complaints there.

Just a very minor point was that the nurse call button in Room 20 would not work the lights meaning I had to get out of bed to switch off the main light. The nurse did fit me up with a bedside lamp which overcame the problem. I only point this out as if nobody does the the maintenance staff won't know.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Chandos,

This is a nice story to receive. I am always pleased to receive some good news and I have made sure that I have shared this with all the staff who have been involved in your care as this kind of feedback will provide some positive focus for what they do.

I have noted the comments regarding the faulty light above the bed and I would like to assure you that this has been addressed by our estates team. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Will Hayes

Charge Nurse - Bostonian ward

• Chandos thinks this response is helpful