"First class treatment in every respect"

About: St Richard's Hospital

I was admitted yesterday to The Pagham Suite at St Richards day surgery treatment centre to treat an inguinal hernia. The whole process went as smooth as silk, and was so well handled I feel compelled to write, to redress the balance a little, as the NHS receives so much criticism from the national press which in my view is largely unfounded, as the UK media tends to solely focus on the bad outcomes and negatives , and never on the positives.

I really want to thank the whole team and congratulate them on achieving such high standards of care and service. Without exception, everyone I came across from the pre-op assessment staff right through to the discharge nurse was kind, considerate caring and efficient.

You are a credit to the NHS-Well done!

Response from St Richard's Hospital

We appreciate you providing this feedback.

You are quite right; there is often a lot of negative publicity regarding the NHS and yet the vast majority of our patients are very happy with the high standard of care provided by staff who are invariably under a great deal of pressure.

We shall make sure that all the staff in The Pagham Suite are made aware of your appreciation and they will be delighted that you have acknowledged them in this way.

Thank you very, very much.