"Russell's hall hospital"

About: Russells Hall Hospital / Accident and emergency West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

My dad collapsed at his care home and cut his head open very badly my dad is 92. From the moment the ambulance staff arrived and transported him to a and e he was treated brilliantly. It was late at night and the nurse went and made him coffee, even though they were being abused by a very rowdy man. They treated an old man with dementia with kindness and respect, by doctors, nurses, the heart monitoring practioner. The nurse who glued his head was so gentle and kind to him even though it was painful for my dad she tried her very best to be gentle with him and treated him kindly. On we moved to EAU where Becky greeted us with open arms. My sincere grateful thanks to everyone who was involved.

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Dear Carol318

Firstly, I hope that your father is making a good recovery, and I thank you for your feedback.

Where possible we like to share patient feedback with our staff, if you would like us to share your comments with the attending ambulance crew I would be grateful if you would consider contacting the Patient Experience Team at email pals@wmas.nhs.uk or telephone number 01384 246366.

Many thanks

kindest regards

Marie

Response from Alice Ford, Communications and Staff Engagement Officer, Communications and Patient Experience, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you, Carol, for your kind comments about the care and attention your dad received when he visited our Accident and Emergency Department and Emergency Assessment Unit.

We understand how worrying it can be to see a loved one being brought into hospital so it is reassuring to know that you were so pleased with the treatment your dad received from our staff throughout his visit.

We have passed your thanks and positive feedback onto teams in A&E and EAU.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

We have passed your thanks and positive feedback onto teams in A&E and EAU.