"The doctor disappeared"

About: Ipswich Hospital / Gynaecology

At first, during the interview the doctor who was seeing me was very nice and warm but then after the examination and a little procedure they just disappeared really quickly which was very surprising because people usually want to talk to their doctor after the examination to find out what's happening. this was really disappointing and now I have to wait for the results not knowing what's going on with me.

the nurse on the other hand was very calming and nice.

Response from Dominic Mundy, Patient and Carer Experience Manager, Clinical Directorate, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Good morning,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I apologise for the delay in response, I was just keen to speak with someone within the Clinic before getting back to you.

Having spoken with Jane Mooney, Gynaecology Sister, she wanted to share the following with you...

“I can only apologise for your recent experience and appreciate how disappointing it must have been not to have had the opportunity to further discuss the procedure performed along with findings and any potential next steps.

Whilst your experience was not as expected I appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. We are always looking to improve our service and the quality of care we provide and your comments and feedback will help in our improvement”

If you have any further concerns or queries, or if I can help in anyway at all please dont hesitate in contacting me directly on 01473 702 536 or dominic.mundy@ipswichhospital.nhs.uk.

Many thanks again.

• okrushek thinks this response is helpful

Response from Ipswich Hospital

Thank you for your kindness in letting us have this feedback which we will discuss with the clinical team caring for you. Every good wish.

Jan Ingle