"rejected, hurt and confused"

I made very much the same experience as Barbara, staff daubted the reality of my experience, psychiatrists knew of no psychological treatments, or perhaps tried to put me off as there are 12 month waitinglists to see a psychologist.

I was also already trying to be put off to see a specialist by the psyichiatrist nurse assessing me at my GP surgery.

There is little hope for PTSD sufferers in Stafford, allthogh I believe they have a special unit for PTsd for Soldiers. Suppose,

They have they're hands full and it leaves no room for oter mere mortals. Ye, I felt I was treated with contempt.

God bless

Ursula

Response from St George's Hospital

Dear Ursula,

I am sorry you feel as though you have had a poor experience from local services.

Local services, both in primary care and specialist mental health services, have people skilled to provide interventions to people experiencing trauma related difficulties. Can I suggest as a first step you talk with your GP or contact the local community mental health team, if you contact the community mental health team someone will discuss with you your needs and how best they can be met.

Thank you for taking the time to write this post.