"My carers really brighten my morning"

About: East Ayrshire Council Care At Home & Housing Support Service (South Locality)

(as a service user),

I have council carers four times a day and they are very good.

The carers are cheery in the morning and they’re good at their job. I’ve been put off the shower after I had a fall and quite often I prefer a bed bath. The girls wash me so I feel just as clean as if I’d had a shower, they washed my hair in bed this morning.

I’ve got a good crew. The morning carers come back and give me lunch. Then I have carers that give me dinner and come back to put me to bed. You can have a good blether and they’re interested in what I’ve done and where I’ve been.

I know all the girls. I have one carer who is crazy, she’s always singing (not in tune! ) and has a song for everything. It really brightens your morning.

I’m really happy with the service. The only thing I would change is that I would like dinner around 5. 30 and sometimes the carers come at 4. 15. I feel it’s a big gap before they come back at night to get me ready for bed.

I’m really grateful for everything I get, I know not everyone is as lucky.

Response from Marie Gavienas, Team Manager (Social Care Services), Community Care - South Locality, East Ayrshire Health & Social Care Partnership

Dear Cheery2

I would like to thank you for the comments you gave about the care at home service you receive. I'm pleased to note that the care staff are cheery and have a good blether with you.

I note that you would like to change the timings of your tea time visit. I would be happy to get the Home Care Manager to contact you to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact me on 01290 427774 or email me at marie.gavienas@east-ayrshire.gov.uk so that I can gather further information.

Kind Regards, Marie Gavienas