"Emergency Assessment Centre"

About: West Cumberland Hospital

My mother has been in the assessment centre for two days, she has complex medical needs that we have informed the hospital about. Despite this the necessary care has not been carried out, the sister stated they were busy and short staffed and they will try to get round to it.They have limited medication so we have had to bring our own. The communication between staff appears lacking and the attitude of the person in charge that I dealt with on the ward was below the standard you would expect. I offered to get specialist advice and notes to help understand the condition but this was refused. Worrying leaving a family member there alone who is dependant on others for their wellbeing. You can build a new hospital but you can't change the culture....

Response from West Cumberland Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post this ………. I am sorry you have concerns regarding your mother's care. I would like to look into this further and see if there are any improvements that can be made so if you would like to contact me in the complaints team I will be happy to speak to you.

I do understand how concerning it is when your mother is unwell and you need to feel confident that she is receiving the necessary care.

Please contact me if you think this will be of benefit as I would like to opportunity to discuss this with you further.

I look forward to hearing from you

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust.