"Upset patient"

About: Seacroft Hospital

After calling me in 45 minutes late the Doctor would not listen to anything I had to say and just spoke over the top of me. I left my appointment in tears from the way they spoke to me. They just told me about my lifestyle diet and excercise and presumed that because my husband is a personal trainer I'm over excercising. That's his job not mine, I don't even have a gym membership. When I tried to explain my lifestyle to the doctor they would not listen. They did the same thing on every matter discussed during our appointment so I have left the appointment now feeling ive gone backwards and not forwards. I would recommend listening to your patients in future.

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Anonymous

I am so sorry that you left your appointment upset and felt that you were not listened to, this is not at all the service we wish to offer to our patients. If you would like us to investigate this episode further and would be happy to discuss it, please make contact with the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team on 0113 2066261 or at patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net to provide further detail.

Kindest regards