"Poor transport service"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Patient transport service (PTS)

I have been using the South western ambulance service for a long time, yet this has never happened to me before. I had an appointment for an xray at Nuffield health, the Chesterfield. The taxi picked me up in the morning, however, after I finished my appointment there was no taxi waiting for me. This meant that I had to call a taxi for myself, as I can’t walk home, and I would’ve had to pay for myself if the hospital hadn’t offered to pay for me. I understand the transport service they offer is a 2 way service and I shouldn’t have had to go through this!

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Good Morning Big633,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope things are progressing well with your treatment and recovery.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience of our Patient Transport Service. It is difficult for me to comment on the reasons behind this without further details. However, we would be happy to review this for you. If you would like us to do this, please contact our Patient Experience Team on either patientexperience@swast.nhs.uk or on 01392 261585 and a member of the team will be happy to talk you through the process.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide our service with feedback.

Sara