"Thank you for the outstanding care"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I am writing this on behalf of my mum who would like to thank Andy and Tracy of the Scottish Ambulance Service based in Alexandria for the understanding and care she had following a fall at home and being admitted to hospital.

The dignity and understanding they gave was beyond the call of duty and she would like to thank them from the bottom of her heart. Also a grateful thanks to all the A & E staff at the RAH in Pasiley especially the doctor whos name was Paul he treated her with respect and gave time to listen not only my Mum but myself.

My Mum has a Neurological condition which affects her speech and balance which causes her to fall without warning and this doctor spent time with her going over how this affects her day to day.

Thank you once again to both the Paramedics and the doctor at the RAH Paisley

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Waterloo

Thank you so much for sharing the story about your mum's fall. Whilst I was sorry to hear that she had fallen, I was really pleased to hear about the ''dignity and understanding' she received from Andy and Tracy. We do strive to offer compassionate, person-centred care and this story highlights the positive difference this approach can make.

It was also great to hear about the care provided by the doctor at the RAH Paisley. Listening to the thoughts of the people that really know the patient is so important and I was glad to hear that the doctor took the time to listen to you and your mum as well as explain how your mums's condition is likely to affect her day her day to day life. Hopefully this will allow her to make some changes that will reduce the chances of her falling again.

I will ensure that your kind words are passed onto Andy and Tracy. I do hope that your mum is recovering well and on belhalf of the Scottish Ambulance Service please pass on my best wishes to her.

Thanks again for sharing and take care,

• waterloo thinks this response is helpful

Dear waterloo,

Thank you so much for getting in touch to let us know about your Mum's recent experience. I'd like to echo Martin's comments by saying how pleased I am that not only did you feel that your Mum was listened to by the staff treating her, but also that you were fully included in these discussions and were listened to as well. This is so important.

I will make sure that the team at the RAH Emergency Department get to hear your feedback so that they know what a difference they made to both of you. Thank you again for taking the time to write to us, and I hope that your Mum is doing well now.

Kind Regards,