"They were all amazing"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Cardiology Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department

Thursday night went to A&E with chest pain at around 9. 45pm. Was taken straight in and given all the appropriate ecgs and blood tests. Also taken for a chest X-ray. Within an hour I was being treated for a heart attack. By 2 o'clock I was checked in on the ward. Thankfully it turned out not to be my heart attack but if it had been the speedy service from the nurses and doctors at that late time of night would have given me the best chance.

Thank u to everyone at A&E and ward 3 including porters, X-ray, nurses, doctors, consultants, cardiologists that made my visit as easy as possible.

They were all amazing!

Response from Lise Axford, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Alisonmac78

I am so pleased to hear that you received prompt and efficient treatment in the Emergency department during your recent visit. Staff work hard to ensure that care is provided as quickly as possible and both the emergency department and ward 3 will be delighted to receive your comments.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I will make sure that your comments are shared with all the team members.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes