"Terrible Care after hysterectomy"

About: Lister Hospital

The nurses treat patients as is they are a nuisance and want you out of hospital day after operation even if pain medication is not sorted. They sneer when you tell them you are in pain. They show no care or concern just want you out of the door so they can gossip in peace. The only thing they seem to do. A doctor wanted me to stay 1 more night after op and nurse in charge of ward kept asking me why? I would have left that day if I could but with pain not under control and being on drip all night could not. Pure nastiness.

Response from Lister Hospital

We're really so sorry that you were disappointed by the care you received whilst at the Lister.

From what you've described, your feedback is something we would very much like to follow up with you so that our senior nursing colleagues can understand what happened.

Whilst we can't undo your experience, if there are changes we need to make then hearing from you directly will help that process.

All you have to do is email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we will put you in touch with one of our senior nurses - we hope that you give us that chance.