"Knee replacement operation on 9/10/15"

I'd like to thank all the staff who treated me; from the consultant, the surgical team in theatre, the ward nurses and ancillary staff, the physiotherapists, the radiologist as well as the porter, and really anyone I came into contact with during my 3 night stay.

It was my first hospital admission as well as being my first major operation and I was extremely impressed with the level of care I received across the board. I've had considerable contact with hospitals in my professional past working within Social Care and have always appreciated that the NHS can only provide a good service if the staff are able to work together and share a common goal, but it's also about how you provide that service and the interface between each staff member and each patience.

Orpington provides a specialist orthopaedic service and is a small hospital by today's standards and all this helps towards providing a better service and a higher level of personal care.

I felt well cared for and safe. I had faith in the doctors and nurses throughout the process. Everyone was very attentive and readily available.

Thank you so much.

Response from Orpington Hospital

Thank you for sharing your comments on the service provided by the multidisciplinary team providing the orthopaedic surgery service on the Orpington site. The service was designed to provide a specialist service for elective surgery patients and it sounds as though you are endorsing that the components work together well which is very good to hear - thank you.