"My late husband"

About: East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Queen's Medical Centre / Accident and emergency Queen's Medical Centre / General medicine

My husband was taken into queens hospital Nottingham in July under a blue light the emas team were fantastic when we arrived at a&e the staff were great to me and my husband later he was transferred to ward d57 the staff could not do enough for him and his family alas my husband past away five days later after the staff tried so hard to save him the staff were so caring for him also the family I cannot praise the staff too much for the care they gave him in his last few day

And also to us his family People in my mind don't give the hospitals enough praise for the work they do often under stressful l conditions the staff must also feel it when they loose a patient.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

I extend my condolences on the loss of your husband. I am immensely grateful that you have been in touch to share the details of the good care your husband received in his final days. I have shared your kind words with the ward team.

Best wishes,

Maria Bentley,

Interim Divisional Nurse, Medicine

• Ethal thinks this response is helpful

Response from Melanie Wright, Deputy Director of People and Communication, East Midlands Ambulance Service

Please accept our condolences on the sad loss of your husband.

It is very kind of you to have shared your feedback with us, particularly at such a difficult time. Your comments are much appreciated and will be shared with our colleagues.

With kind regards