"My confidence has grown so much"

About: Sutton Central Children's Centre

Before I became a Sure Start volunteer I was lacking in confidence since my youngest child started school I found myself at loose end and was very lonely so I decided to enroll on the volunteers course which was very scary at first and didn't want to go.

However, I persevered along the way and found I really enjoyed it. I started my placement very worried but found along the way that this was really helping me. I found my new found confidence has grown so much I've decided to take the next step in my career and enrole on to a level 3 Teacher Assistant course. This has all been able due to my confidence growing with Sure Start.

Response from Katie Brown, Service Manager for Ashfield Health Visiting, Children Centres and School Nursing Teams, Children and Young People Services, Health Partnerships

Thank you so much for sharing your volunteer journey with us, it is so encouraging to hear that we have supported your journey and you have built in confidence along the way. Our team very much value and thank all our volunteers for the support you give to our service, we truely couldn't do all we do without you, you really do become part of the team within Children's Centres. I hope you enjoy your level 3 course and thank you for sharing your story.

Response from Karen Ellis, Co-Ordinators, Sure Start Childrens Centres, Health Partnerships

Hi thank you so much for sharing your comments about your Volunteering Journey with Sure Start Childrens Centres it is always good to hear that you have enjoyed the challenge despite the nerves. I wish you all the best in your future career once you have completed your course.

Thanks Again for all your Hard Work we couldn't do it without you and our other volunteers.