"Ward c20"

About: Warrington Hospital

I recently attended the ward for medical management, this was a very anxious time for me and obviously upsetting. I was told by the nurse in the early pregnancy unit i would be kept on the ward for an hour and would be given a tablet. When i arrived on the ward i was left for almost an hour before anyone came to see me, they didnt really explain much about what would happen, they took my blood then left me then a nurse came half an hour later to inform me that i would have a pessary. Once i had this i was told i would have to stay for 2 hours and may experience heavy bleeding, my stay on the ward ended up being almost 4 hours where i was very scared and alone. On my journey home i experienced extremely heaving bleeding and one in the house lost a lot of blood and clots which was very distressing. I called the ward for advise as to weather this was normal where i got no answer, i called the early pregnancy unit to be told there was no one available and could i bring myself into the ward which clearly i couldn't and was alone so had no one to take me, i was then informed that i probably wouldn't be able to get an ambulance to me.

I therefore took myself to bed with codeine and rode it out alone. This was a very distressing and disturbing experience which i believe i was not fully informed of by the hospital trust.

Response from Warrington Hospital

We're really sorry to read of your experience and how you felt. We have passed your comments on to the teams in those areas to take a closer look at the issues that you have raised. If you would like to contact us via pals@whh.nhs.uk we can get some further information from you to help this.