"I know we are in good hands"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Maternity care

I called after experiencing sharp pains one Sunday eve at almost 32 weeks pregnant and went in for the baby to be monitored. They were absolutely brilliant and really thorough - leaving nothing to chance.

I was a little bit embarrassed and shy about being examined by a male registrar but the midwife, Becky, was really kind about it when I told her and she organised for the female doctor to perform the examination instead. I have to say I may have not been as daft about it if it wasn't for the giant yellow miners torch... I was ok (ish) until I spotted that!

The male doctor, I think his name was Edward, was really great and I want to say thank you for reassuring us and finding out what the pains were caused by.

Thanks again and I'm so glad that we have chosen QMC this time for our baby's birth. I know we are in good hands and I know that my feelings about certain things will be respected.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks so much. I’m pleased that your felt our staff listened to and respected your wishes and made you feel as comfortable as possible during your examination. I’ve passed your comments on to the team and we look forward to seeing you soon at QMC for the birth of your baby. Exciting!

Best wishes,